AUTOSCAN versus “pen & paper“: Incoming goods
How fast does a warehouse team work with and without AUTOSCAN? Let’s compare at incoming goods!
How much time can you save by using AUTOSCAN? To give you an idea, let’s take a closer look at the incoming goods process in a warehouse with and without AUTOSCAN!
In our (fictitious) example, there’s a warehouse with a daily truck delivery. The corresponding delivery note lists on average of 200 positions. The warehouse does not receive a digital delivery note from the supplier but the item master data is already available in the ERP system.
- Without AUTOSCAN
- Looking for clues: Looking for a (hopefully) included paper delivery note, hunting for a pen und manually counting and ticking off 200 positions on the delivery note34 minutes
- Walking to the computer, logging on and opening the software. Choosing the correct supplier, generating a new order, manually entering all of the positions and amounts into the system (with a mistake or two…)36 minutes
- Creating (and booking) a delivery from the order in the system15 seconds
- Total time needed: 70 minutes and 15 seconds
- With AUTOSCAN
- Fast and easy scanning: Scanning the printed supplier barcodes, generating the new delivery and scanning all of the received items17 minutes
- Automatically taken care of by AUTOSCAN0 minutes
- Completing the delivery on the scanner (which will automatically create order and delivery in the system; the number of items is posted to the stock)1 second
- Total time needed: 17 minutes and 1 second
The above-mentioned numbers are estimates based on our experience gained in various warehouses – of course every customer is different. But one thing is for certain: AUTOSCAN makes working more efficient and completely eliminates certain steps.
Time is valuable!
The time saved in the above example is impressive: About 53 minutes are saved for each delivery – which adds up to about 220 working hours in a year! And we are just talking time saved in incoming goods – we haven’t even talked about other processes like inventory, goods issue or item relocating. Not to mention positive “side effects” like superior data quality, which is essential for every well-organised warehouse.
Want more time?
Contact us if you want to know more about AUTOSCAN and how it can make your warehouse more efficient!